News & Events
November 23, 2022
CIPSRT announces recipients of the 2022 Champions of Mental Health Award
On November 23, 2022, the Canadian Institute for Public Safety Research and Treatment (CIPSRT) unveiled the 20 recipients of the 2022 CIPSRT Champions of Mental Health Award. With a recipient list comprised of Public Safety Personnel (PSP) from across the country, the Champions award recognizes PSP who are passionate and committed – they walk the talk when it comes to supporting the mental health and well-being of everyone in their organizations.
When the nomination period closed on September 18, 2022, PSP colleagues from around the country had nominated over 160 dedicated people for the award.
To be considered a Champion, nominees were evaluated on the following criteria:
- Impact on the mental health of their organization and community (i.e. changes or improvements they have been able to make);
- Number of people positively affected by their mental health efforts;
- Willingness to speak about their mental health journey;
- Creation of innovative mental health resource and initiatives;
- Creation of new training resources;
- Commitment to decreasing mental health stigma; and
- Activities as a peer supporter or member of a reintegration team.
This year’s recipients came from different sectors, provinces and communities.
The 2022 Champions of Mental Health are: