Glossary of Terms
- The physical, mental, social, and some say spiritual, functioning of a person, which can range from poor to good (Huber, 2010; Huber, Knottnerus, Green, van der Horst, Jadad, Kromhout … & Smid, 2011; Thompson, MacLean, Roach, Banman, Mabior & Pedlar 2016; Thompson, Heber, VanTil, Simkus, Carrese, Sareen & Pedlar, 2019).
- Health can be described subjectively such as a person’s own description of their health, psychological well-being, or health-related quality of life.
- Health also can be described objectively, such as observations by a family member or health professional.
For General Public
- Refers to how a person is physically, mentally, socially, and spiritually functioning.
- Can be described as how the person views their own health or as how others view a person’s health.
Return to Index